Shipping/Receiving Group Lead- 1st Shift
Alpharetta, GA 30004
We have an immediate opening for a group lead for one of our busy production companies in Alpharetta GA!
Warehouse Group Lead - 1 shift 5am-2 pm
Pay between $17/$18 an hour with degree.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and supervise Team leads and employees to meet daily production goals (i.e.: picking, processing, sorting, and loading), verifying they are performing their job duties as stated in their respective job descriptions.
• Ensure customer order cycle time goals are met.
• Monitors the business against OTIF (On Time In Full) and back order reports.
• Ensure accurate receiving/put-a-way of goods in a timely manner.
• Ensure employees are following procedures, policy, and rules at all times
. • Conduct daily shift meeting and communicate goals and other issues to employees.
• Communicate with carriers to expedite daily pickups, and / or vendor management and negotiations for best possible outcome.
• Work with Customer Service, Tech. Services, Marketing, Sales, Planning and Production team to support customer orders / internal requests.
• Work with Warehouse Manager and communicate any fluctuation required to meet business demands.
• Communicate and ensure employee shift coverage each shift including overtime if needed.
• Evaluate and review the performance level of the team leads and other department members.
• Communicate individual performance goals with employees weekly/monthly.
• Coach and motivate employees to help reach performance goals.
• Conduct mid-year and annual Performance reviews of all shift employees by required due date.
• Identify and develop shift employees for increased responsibility.
• Manage all customer orders on the floor and ensure they are picked timely and properly.
• Expedite all priority orders to make the company established cutoff goals.
• Ensure that trailers are properly and accurately loaded and secured, for Inbound/Outbound loads (CTPAT).
• Ensure that all material movement and transactions are accurate in SAP in real-time.
• Gathers data and plans daily strategy to maximize productivity and quality.
• Communicate quality expectations and procedures to employees on the floor.
• Define process improvement opportunities and implement changes as needed.
• Collaborates with other Departmental Leaders and material handlers to ensure business needs are met.
• Lead the team in completing key performance indicators (KPI’ s) and keeps the plant informed about operational performance on a regular basis.
• Completes and turns in assignments on or before due date, to include project work
• Maintain inventory accuracy to prevent asset shrinkage.
• Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Ensure that employees are following Hansgrohe policies and safety rules.
• Maintain a safe, clean, and secure facility both inside and outside, utilizing 5S.
• Lifting of weight up to 40 lbs. and for weights over 40 lbs. get assistance.
• “ Good Attendance” as per the Hansgrohe Attendance Policy.
• Perform daily/weekly payroll approval through ADP by prescribed cut off time.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Language Skills Read, write, and speak English effectively, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, specifications, and financial reports. Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Effectively present information to top management.
Knowledge and Skills Previous experience using a Shipping/Warehouse Management System is needed. SAP preferred or Enterprise MRP/WM systems experience (ex: Oracle / JD Edwards), Forklift and racking experience essential. Must be a self-motivator willing to make decisions with little supervision. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to lead and develop a group of Shipping/Warehouse employees in daily activities. Ability to create positive change through process improvements. Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time. Must be able to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment. Attention to detail. Must be flexible with work schedule as position is responsible for at least two-three shifts.
Education and Work Experience
Requires Associate’ s degree and min 2 years’ experience leading a Shipping/Warehouse operation.
HG CORE COMPETENCIES: Respecting Diversity, Continuous Improvement, Safety, Customer Focus, Integrity
SUPERVISOR COMPETENCIES: Decisive Judgment, Adapting to Change, Functional Acumen, Planning & Organizing, Delivering Results, Resilience, Team Leadership, Emotional Intelligence