Shipping Material Handler
Alpharetta, GA 30004
2nd shift 12p-8p
Please see the following Job Description:
JOB PURPOSE: Assists in the receiving, stocking and shipping of materials and inventory and to maintain the overall cleanliness and organization of the warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for receiving components/finished goods and verifying quality and count is correct
- Picks and or packs orders utilizing RF Scanner and paper process - Loads and unloads material for movement to the internal and external customer.
- Assist with receiving goods and verification of the shipping documents and received goods
- Drives forklift and Cherry Picker as needed
- Utilization of SAP in receiving and shipping components or finished product
- Assist the lead/supervisor with other duties assigned.
- Adhere to safety and security standards & procedures.
- Shipping UPS and or freight shipping requirements as needed, use shipping materials as per instructions based on the shiplinx system.
- Assist in cycle counts and physical inventory when needed.
- Required to maintain their assigned areas on a daily basis or as instructed by management.
- Replenish/put up components and finished stock utilizing RF scanners where applicable
- Assist in other areas of the warehouse when needed
- Responsible for Data Entry and record keeping as per work instructions if applicable
- Performs other duties as assigned by Lead/supervisor/manager
- Lifts up to 40 lbs. and for weights over 40 lbs get assistance in lifting
Knowledge and Skills
- Follows instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Must be able to work from verbal or written English instructions.? Ability to add and subtract numbers also must be able to multiply numbers, (basic math)
- Utilizes hand trucks and forklifts.
- Requires minimal supervision and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.? Computer skills
- Ability to operate forklift, Cherry Picker, Pallet Jacks, etc
- High school diploma preferred or 1-3 years of experience of material handling experience.