Suwanee, GA 30024
Position Summary: Perform all duties necessary to ship and receive raw materials, supplies, and finished products in accordance with company methods and standards.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to demonstrate understanding of company documents such as safety rules, work instructions, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Must be able to fulfill essential duties and responsibilities in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
1. Adheres to company policies that create and maintain a safe workplace and follows departments housekeeping requirements.
2. Works in the department as a team member to prepare, ship, or receive products per specification to achieve or exceed the department quality standards and goals. Uses computer and manufacturing and shipping software programs to access, enter information and print documents.
3.Set up, adjust and operate machines and equipment.
4.Understand and follow established best practices, department priorities and customer requirements. Read, understand and follow the JHA’ s pertaining to the department.
5. Read, interpret and understand production sheets, manufacturing specifications and corresponding reports and documents.
6.Inspect products for quality per manufacturing specifications, bundle, attach warning sheets and labels as required.
7.Pack and ship per customer requirements.
8.Plan, coordinate and schedule orders with various departments and outside carriers to meet scheduled ship dates.
9.Receive, move, handle and store material as necessary.
10. Receive return items and complete paperwork or forward to appropriate department for processing.
11. Identify and report any equipment, operational or safety problems or material deficiencies.
12. Understand and perform the Preventative Maintenance Program. Identify and report any maintenance issues on machines and equipment.
13. Understand and follow the company inventory system.
14. Complete all necessary reports and forms.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities:
15. Perform minor repairs to machines and equipment.
16. Provide training and instruction to other personnel as requested by Group Leader or Manager.
17. Perform other similar or associated duties as required. Assist in other areas of the plant as required.