Position Title: Quality and Food Safety Manager
Department: Quality and Food Safety
Reports To: VP Sales/Marketing
Responsible for implementing methods to ensure production of quality and safe foods. Also responsible for maintaining regulatory, certification, and customer compliance. This position manages and oversees the facility’ s Food Safety Programs, Quality Management Systems, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs)and in-house laboratory. All with the continued goal of providing the highest quality product for consumers.
- Performing as Designated SQF Practitioner, HACCP Manager, and Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- Creating, modifying, implementing and maintaining the Food Safety Program in accordance with FDA, FSMA, SQF, and internal standards.
- Ensure GMPs, sanitary operating conditions and sanitary practices are followed and enforced
- Verification and validation of critical and preventative controls. Also conducting root cause analysis and corrective actions in response to non-conformances.
- Managing all product and facility certification programs, renewing when applicable
- Ensuring facility operation and product manufacturing and processes are done in accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations and certifying bodies
- Administering and directing raw material and finished product testing and review for Hold/Release and generating COAs.
- Directs production area and food contact sanitation and SSOPs and maintains the environmental monitoring program.
- Oversight of the in-house laboratory
- Serves on Project Team and includes roles in ingredient and supplier approval, label compliance and review, and development of specifications.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending classes, workshops etc.
- Managing QA/FS team and working along with Sales, Operations, and Supply Chain teams to successfully reach company benchmarks and goals.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Food Science, Biology or related field
- HACCP, PCQI, SQF, or relevant Food Safety training and certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Relevant combination of training and education deemed appropriate to carry out duties as determined by senior management
- Must be able to work at a computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform the job duties of all department employees
- Must be able to stand/walk climb ladders etc. for prolonged periods
- Must be able to lift and carry 25lbs
- Some travel will be required must have driver’ s license or the ability to get one.
- Must have the ability to answer phone calls.
- Some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.