Medical Billing/Denials Team Assistant
Athens, GA 30606-3791
Local Medical billing office has a need for experienced candidate to work Mon-Fri, 7: 30 to 4: 00 or 8: 00 to 4: 30 to assist the Denials team. The duties would include reviewing correspondence, appeal writing, opening denial cases, requesting medical and other records, sending those records and following up with the agency or payor.
- The applicant needs to have some type of medical background, either with a facility or physician practice.
- Understand medical and insurance terminology
- Understand and abide by HIPPA and PHI
- Comfortable working on multiple systems
- Ability to Multi-task
- Understand payor policies and guidelines
- Must be able to effectively communicate written and orally.