Medical Biller/Charge Poster
Long Island, NY US
What We Offer:
- Compensation: $20 to $25 per hour, based on experience.
- Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage.
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401K plan with matching.
- Paid time off including vacation, personal, sick days, and holidays.
If You Have:
- Proficient knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes.
- Experience working with computer systems and EMR software.
- Exceptional ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong multitasking skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in reviewing documentation for coding accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage large volumes of charge posting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with medical billing and insurance processes.
- Preferred: Experience with denied claim review and resubmission.
- Preferred: Previous experience updating patient demographics and insurance information.
You Will Be:
- Apply a strong understanding of CPT and ICD10 codes to accurately code and post medical charges.
- Utilize computer and EMR systems effectively to manage billing and coding processes.
- Review documentation to ensure appropriate coding levels are chosen and transmit to a third-party clearinghouse.
- Conduct manual charge posting as necessary for high-volume sites, including Emergency Room and Hospital.
- Collaborate with the A/R Department to review and potentially edit denied claims for resubmission.
- Update patient demographic and insurance information accurately.
- Handle incoming patient, provider, and insurance calls professionally and efficiently.
- Perform manual eligibility reviews to confirm insurance coverage.
- Provide regular updates to your supervisor on missing or incomplete provider billing and related issues.
- Maintain effective and professional communication through written correspondence and conversations.
- Uphold HIPAA regulations and ensure the confidentiality of patient information.
- Preferred: Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel for various administrative tasks.
Meet Your Recruiter
Marcy Cuevas joined BOS Staffing as a Recruiter in 2007. For 10 years she collaborated with both hiring managers, to understand market trends and company cultures, and candidates, to understand their skills and career goals. Conducting both contingent and permanent hire searches, she matched many talented job seekers to some of the best companies in the area, creating career opportunities and valuable company assets. When BOS grew from a single office to three branches (and counting!), Marcy took on the role of Operations Manager. She now has the privilege of sharing what she has learned over the last decade with the talented recruiting team.
Marcy received her Certified Staffing Professional certificate from the American Staffing Association, is the former Membership Chair of Athens Area SHRM, and is active with the Hall County and Gwinnett county Chambers of Commerce.
Prior to coming to BOS Staffing, Marcy worked for nonprofits providing job placement services to people with employment barriers. Marcy attended the University of Georgia and loves to cheer for UGA football with her husband (GO DAWGS!). She enjoys live music, cooking, being outdoors near the water, and spending time with her husband and daughter.