Suwanee, GA 30024
Position Title: Wire Rope Splicer Department: Rope Department
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Effective Date: June 2019
Reports to: Plant Manager or Assistant Plant Manager
- Summary: Perform all duties necessary to produce all varieties of wire rope assemblies according to established company methods, quality standards and production requirements.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to demonstrate understanding of company documents such as safety rules, work instructions, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Must be able to fulfill essential duties and responsibilities in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Adheres to company policies that create and maintain a safe workplace and follows departments housekeeping requirements.
- Work in the department as a team member to produce wire rope assemblies per manufacturing specifications to achieve or exceed the production, quality standards and goals. Accesses inventory information on computer using manufacturing software program to issue materials, print and assign work orders and direct job assignments.
- Set up, adjust and operate machines and equipment.
- Understand and follow established best practices, department priorities and customer requirements. Read, understand and follow the JHA’ s pertaining to the department.
- Read, interpret and understand production sheets, manufacturing manual and corresponding reports and documents.
- Select appropriate raw materials, hardware, tools, tags and equipment necessary to produce rope slings.
- Identify and report any equipment, operational or safety problems or material deficiencies.