Suwanee, GA 30024
Position Title: Tuflex Operator Department: Tuflex
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Effective Date: June 2019
Reports to: Plant Manager or Assistant Plant Manager
Position Summary: Perform all duties necessary to produce and sew Tuflex round slings according to established company methods, quality standards and production requirements.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to demonstrate understanding of company documents such as safety rules, work instructions, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Must be able to fulfill essential duties and responsibilities in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Adheres to company policies that create and maintain a safe workplace and follows departments housekeeping requirements.
- Work in the department as a team member to produce and sew Tuflex round slings per manufacturing specifications to achieve or exceed the production, quality standards and goals.
- Set up, adjust and operate machines and equipment.
- Understand and follow established best practices, department priorities and customer requirements. Read, understand and follow the JHA’ s pertaining to the department.
- Read, interpret and understand production sheets, manufacturing manual and corresponding reports and documents.
- Select appropriate raw materials, hardware, tools, tags and equipment necessary to produce and sew Tuflex round slings.
- Identify and report any equipment, operational or safety problems or material deficiencies.
- Understand and perform the Preventative Maintenance Program. Identify and report any maintenance issues on machines and equipment.
- Move and handle materials as necessary.
- Understand and follow the company inventory system.
- Complete all necessary reports and forms.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack product as required.
- Perform minor repairs to machines and equipment.
- Provide training and instruction to other personnel as requested by Group Leader or Manager.
- Perform other similar or associated duties as required. Assist in other areas of the plant as required.