JEFFERSON, GA 30549
Laboratory Technician needed with a growing company in Jefferson, GA!
If you have a B.S. degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or a related field, and at least 2 to 3 years of experience in this field, please apply and attach a current resume. Rate of pay is between $14 and $16 per hour and the shift is Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm.
Some of the Responsibilities and Duties:
• Working with BSL 1 and 2 microorganisms while maintaining GLP and proper safety requirements
• Carry out sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing of results as part of a scientific team to test for yeast/mold, and bacteria on various food matrices
• Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment, for example, micropipettes, autoclave, pH meters
• Maintain laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; preparing proper paperwork for placing orders supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
• Routine housekeeping such as mopping, dusting sanitizing, and disinfecting work areas
Qualifications and Education Requirement:
• B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology or related field
• Prior laboratory experience, preferably in ISO 17025 environment