Chemical Engineer / Corporate Account Manager
Suwanee, GA 30024 US
BOS Staffing is currently seeking a Chemical Process Engineer for a very vibrant, privately held company with the excitement and growth of an entrepreneurial start-up, yet with the stability of a 36-year-old business with brand recognition and solid financials.
What we offer you:
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
You will be:
- Design and develop processes for transforming chemicals into marketable products.
- Utilize technical background and troubleshooting techniques to identify and implement process improvements based on cost, product quality, and/or efficiency criteria. Ensure any changes to the process are reviewed and approved to meet safety, quality, and process integrity requirements.
- Lead process related investigations of deviations, customer complaints, or other areas of concern. Participate in root cause analysis and provide effective corrective solutions. Create and provide technical reports of investigations and conclusions as needed.
- Collaborate on expansion, capital, or improvements projects as needed.
- Provides training and technical coaching to staff within area of process expertise.
- Design proper process protocols and document SOPs for implementation of new processes and/or improvements. Support routine quality briefings with staff to raise quality awareness.
If you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience at a chemical processing environment and having field experience.
- Experience and knowledge of chemicals such as toluene, heptane, and hexane.
- Must have a technical background in chemical process equipment including chemical reactors and packaging.
- Detail oriented – capable of designing completely functional equipment and systems.
- Strong demonstrated analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Active in industry associations and knowledgeable about the general chemical industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt preferred.
- Able to work with a team and interact effectively with other department members.
- Willing to travel minimum 40% of the time.
- Able to prioritize day-to-day responsibilities, while ensuring timeliness to meet deadlines.