Quality Assurance Lab Technician
QUALITY ASSURANCE LAB TECHNICIAN opening in Gainesville, GA for a temporary 7 week assignment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs laboratory work according to prescribed standards.
- Determines chemical and physical characteristics or composition.
- Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Collects and analyzes samples. Performs laboratory tests according to prescribed standards. Tests for presence and content of elements, substances or impurities. Tests for such qualities as purity, stability, viscosity, density, absorption, burning rate, melting or flash point, etc.
- Tests samples to verify conformity to specifications. Records test results and writes test reports describing procedures used.
- Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment.
- Prepares graphs and charts.
- Calibrates laboratory instruments.
- Assists with the preparation of chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- May add chemicals or raw materials to process solutions or product batches to correct to establish formulation required to meet specifications.
Only candidates with laboratory experience will be considered.