Assistant Plant Manager
Suwanee, GA 30024
Asst. Plant Manager – Manufacturing
Manufacturing firm with $5-10Million of throughput has an opening for an Asst. Plant Manager.
- While reporting directly to the Plant Manager will be involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes. Ensure that goods and services are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
- Asst. Plant Manager will be responsible for managing aspects of the company' s day-to-day manufacturing production facility including production scheduling, technical/maintenance, quality control, logistics, safety, and plant human resources, while working with other departments to maintain production requirements and deliverables.
- Asst. Plant Manager will work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage, set goals, delegate and hold direct reports accountable for results. In addition to extensive knowledge of the entire plant operation, you will have a staff of employees working for you including the Production Manager, Shipping & Receiving Supervisor, Inventory Control Supervisor, Plan Maintenance & Hydraulic Equipment Supervisor. You will have strong leadership and motivational skills.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum High School Diploma required, however recommended coursework that proves helpful to this position includes economics, accounting, finance, production and manufacturing systems, organizational behavior, psychology, sociology, and English.
- Minimum 10-20 years of progressive leadership of related work experience in a LEAN manufacturing operation. Experience beginning as a regular production worker and moving up through promotions is the more general background for individuals who could fill this position.
- Understanding of SOPs, Work Instructions, Six Sigma, project management, leadership, and LEAN manufacturing a plus.
- Proven success record in a dynamic leadership role resulting in improved operational performance.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to direct and control assigned work force through the use of good communication.
- Willingness to be a participant in a continuous improvement surrounding. Must be a team player.
- Work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter.